What’s a fun way to save money, try new products, and treat your dog like it’s his or her birthday every few weeks? Doggie subscription boxes!
The concept behind dog subscription boxes is simple: you pay for a subscription (typically one month, three months, six months, or one year) and a box of goodies for your dog arrives once a month. Generally, these boxes cost around $20-35 dollars a month and include varying amounts of toys, treats, and chews that are worth much more than the box’s purchase price. The catch to any of these boxes, of course, is that you need to have a sense of adventure since you never know exactly what you’ll receive. That being said, any of these options are a great way to save a few dollars and have a little fun!
Dog Subscription Boxes
• Plan Cost: $19-29 dollars per box, depending on number of months ordered.
• What To Expect: 4-6 toys, treats, and chews.
• Fun Facts: BarkBox’s “Scout’s Honor” guarantee promises that they will replace an item from your dog’s box that he or she isn’t wild about. There is also a BarkBox app that allows you to view your box’s content after it ships as well as rate and reorder favorite items.
• Plan Cost: $29-39 per box, depending on number of months ordered.
• What To Expect: A variety of all-natural products for your dog.
• Fun Facts: PawPack donates 10% of all proceeds to animal rescues. Every product is all-natural, grain free, and eco-friendly and organic when possible.
• Plan Cost: $30.95-42.95 per box, depending on chosen plan and number of months ordered.
• What To Expect: There are three subscription levels, so it depends on which one you choose.
• Fun Fact: This service is extremely personal, and Annie herself helps to hand-pick items that she knows your pooch will love! They also donate one box per three boxes sold.
• Plan Cost: $29.99-34.99 per box, depending on number of months ordered.
• What To Expect: 4-5 toys, treats, and grooming supplies.
• Fun Fact: This dog subscription box company is veteran-owned and also tries to include one item from a small USA business in each box. You may recognize them from one of my posts back in May – at the time, they were offering a 75% discount on your first box. Keep an eye out for further discounts or just dive right in! I really loved this box and have considered switching.
• Plan Cost: $23-44 per box depending on selection options and months ordered. You can also choose delivery frequency: monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.
• What to Expect: There are many highly-customizable options, including size based on number of dogs in household and you dog’s toy preferences, allergies, and size. You can decide whether you want toys, treats, and accessories, just toys and accessories, or just treats.
• Fun Fact: Pupjoy has two initiatives that use your purchase to give to others. Use a Helping Paws code when you order to allocate a donation to a rescue — “GetYouRescueOn” will give to Animal League America. Also, $2 from each subscription funds Care Pack boxes, which are delivered free of charge to pet parents who are fighting breast cancer.
• Plan Cost: $29-34 per box, depending on number of months ordered.
• What to Expect: 3-5 full-sized dog products, plus occasional samples and goodies.
• Fun Fact: Bugsy’s Box donates $0.25 of each box to a rescue. All treats included in the box are made in the USA.
• Plan Cost: $20-25 per box, depending on number of months ordered. From 12/26/15-1/3/15, they are running a 50% “Boxing Day” sale!
• What to Expect: 4-5 handpicked products, including toys and treats.
• Fun Fact: “Pooch Paw Ma” handpicks and packs every box – no third-party assembling. All treats are made in the USA and they can accommodate for allergies.
• Plan Cost: $19-25 per box, depending on number of months ordered.
• What to Expect: 4-6 handpicked products for your dog.
• Fun Fact: Surprise My Pet donates to rescues and charities. It also has a box specifically for dogs who weigh less than 10 pounds!
• Plan Cost: $18.99-$28.99 per box, depending on number of months ordered. There is currently a Groupon Deal available.
• What to Expect: Various toys and treats for your pet.
• Fun Fact: Available in cat version. Supports America’s VetDogs®, which provides assistance to veterans with disabilities.
Check out the individual websites for more details! There are MANY more dog subscription box options than what I’ve listed here, so feel free to poke around. I plan to go into more detail on some of these boxes in future posts.
I highly recommend that you pick a box based on your personal preference and not just price, as the cost of any of these boxes will be less than buying the items individually. Want to support animal rescues? Try PawPack or Paw Pals With Annie! Love supporting veteran-owned businesses? Go for Pooch Party Packs! Ultimately, you’ll still save money and will feel better knowing that your money is going towards something that you really believe in.
If your dog doesn’t like something from its box (or you end up accumulating treats more quickly than your dog can eat them), you can give box items to a dog-loving friend and feel good knowing that it cost you less than it would have in the store. This tactic helped me out this Christmas!
One last note: before ordering, check out the company on Instagram. These services often have dog accounts that help them spread the word – and usually have a personal discount code worth 10% off or more. Also, if your dog has his or her own account, there are many Instagram contests with subscription boxes as prizes. This is one reason Henry has been able to try so many boxes!
Have you tried a dog subscription service? Do you recommend any that I didn’t mention? Let me know in the comments!