Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
This dog bandana may look fancy, but I promise you that this DIY tutorial is probably the easiest dog bandana DIY you’ll find! You don’t even have to sew if you don’t want to! All you need is a few simple materials and a little creativity to make your pup stand out at any event or for any holiday. Ready? Let’s go!
You Will Need
• 1 Baby Bandana Bib: I ordered this style because I needed one that was Prime-eligible (I was had a time crunch!), but there are SO MANY options! Keep in mind that these will only fit a small/medium dog; for a larger dog, consider using a regular bandana.
• 1 Yard Length Trim of Your Choice: I used a green pom pom trim from a local store, but you can also order similar options from Amazon or find an alternative at your local craft store.
• 1 Patch or Appliqué: I chose this patch, again, because it was Prime-eligible, but there are lots of cheaper option on Amazon! You can also check your local craft store.
1.) Cut your trim to fit the bandana edge.
2.) Attach the trim using your chosen method: sewing, fusible hem tape, or gluing.
Choose your method and get to work! I chose to sew my bandana, which is probably the most sturdy but also most time-consuming option.
If you do choose to sew, you can keep your bandana looking neat by using a thread that matches the bandana’s existing stitch line and sewing along it. Sneaky, sneaky!
3.) Attach your patch or appliqué using your chosen method: needle and thread, iron-on, or glue.
THAT’S IT! It’s so easy.
These can also be tweaked for any holiday or occasion:
• A heart appliqué and lace trim for Valentine’s Day
• A number appliqué and multicolor fringe for your dog’s birthday
• A white star appliqué on blue with red and white trim for Independence Day
• A Christmas Tree appliqué with a tartan plaid base for Christmas
There are limited possibilities! Best of all, each easy DIY dog bandana takes only a few minutes to make.
What kind of bandana would you make?